- How Stress is Carried for Generations
- Ayurveda: The Art of Living Wisely
- Ayurvedic Approach to Insomnia
- 8 Ayurvedic Home Remedies Using Fennel
- Pick Powerful Health Benefits at the Pumpkin Patch!
- New Age vs Traditional (Classical) Ayurveda
- Five Ayurvedic Tips for Staying Healthy This Fall
- Alkaline Diets and Ayurveda
- Freedom from Fatigue
- Genetics in Āyurveda: Creating the Perfect Child
Kale Lemonade with Ginger & Apple (Kalemgin Apple)
When spring weather feels heavy and humid like the tropics, this refeshing juice can help you stay clear-headed and light. In spring, it’s a warm day that makes you sick. Thick, humid air makes you feel swollen, heavy, and stuffy. Your lymph nodes may even swell, indicating a congested liver and blood.
The bitter taste in kale, and sour taste in lemon and apple flush and cleanse the liver by stimulating bile release. Release of bile, a fatty substance, also aids your body yanking winter fats out of the bloodstream. After drinking kale lemonade you may even notice rhythmic contractions of the gall bladder as it pumps bile into the small intestine.
The pungent taste in ginger re-ignites circulation and digestive fire while it dries up a runny nose. As Kale Lemonade is alkalizing and Pitta-reducing, drinking it cools and refreshes the eyes.