- 8 Ayurvedic Recipes for Vegetarians at Thanksgiving
- How Ayurveda Inspires Mindful Eating
- Ayurvedic Nutrition: The Ancient Recipe of Happiness
- The Loving Embrace of Snehana for the Fall
- 4 Everyday Recipes to Strengthen Your Kitchen’s Ayurvedic Power
- Understanding Gluten and How to Digest It
- Three Pranayamas and their Ayurvedic / Psychological Effects
- Seasonal Bloom: Vata
- Your Ayurvedic Kitchen: Everyday Basics
- Drop the Utensils and Eat with Your Hands!
Cilantro Lime Salsa
Freshen up your skin for spring! Spring fever is here and rosy cheeks will soon replace your winter pallor. The warmer temperatures stimulate blood flow, especially to the skin. That’s why on hot humid days your might some notice congestion and swelling of the feet and hands. The swelling is a sign that your winter skin may benefit from some encouragement.
Cilantro Lime Salsa helps prepare your body for the warmer weather ahead by flushing the skin, liver, and digestive tract. By opening the pores, raw onions help cleanse the skin and flush our hands and feet when they are swollen. Raw onions also purge and cleanse the digestive tract. The onions in Cilantro Lime Salsa are marinated in lime to soften the sharpness. The marinade makes the onion more digestible and pleasant on the palate.
Lime, as all sours, stimulates secretion of bile, flushing the gall bladder and cleansing the liver. Cilantro’s cooling nature is well suited to the hot temperatures of late spring. Meanwhile its bitter and pungent qualities continue to purify the blood and stimulate digestion.