- Colonics: Yea or Nay?
- Ayurveda Is a Political Practice. Part one: Economic justice
- Cinnamon: Sweet Sensation
- 3 Keys to Getting Unstuck
- Millet: A Forgotten Superfood
- Beauty Secrets for Healthy Skin
- Cardamom: Wake Up Your Taste Buds
- What is the Quintessential Herb for the Female Reproductive System?
- The Unlikely Ally of the Natural Hair Movement
- 3 Reasons Why Raw Vegan Desserts Make you Feel Awful
Business Interview with John Immel, Founder, Joyful Belly
In this expert business interview with John Immel, we discuss the origins, present status, and future of Joyful Belly.
This virtual business (and the flexibility it provides John) is 6 years old and has over 50,000 registered users and 50,000 Facebook fans. We discussed how Joyful Belly has achieved these results, and why it’s poised to keep growing exponentially.
John is a Harvard mathematician and computer scientist who has applied technology as a strategy for positive behavioral changes to health. Like Google has done with the broadest world of information, he has focused on making the rich body of Ayurvedic and Yogic knowledge and practice simple to use and understand, and relevant to the specific user.
He shares the insights and lessons learned along the way, including:
- Meeting society where it’s at with the attitude of a servant (instead of a celebrity)
- Having a focus (niche) for our business and practice (and why that has increased Joyful Belly’s average revenue per subscriber)
- Why becoming a “business” person helps us serve more people and the 3-tier business model (consults, classes, and products) that we teach in our programs and Joyful Belly continues to grow into
Finally, we discussed why Joyful Belly is such a valuable resource for practitioners and how you can start using their platform to support yourself and your clients.
To listen, turn up your speakers or put on some headphones, sit back, and press play on the audio player below:
- Listen Now -