- Six Tasting Your Way to Wellness
- What are Doshas, Exactly?
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Raisins and Chipotle
- A Review of Low Fat Diets
- How Stress is Carried for Generations
- Ayurveda: The Art of Living Wisely
- Ayurvedic Approach to Insomnia
- 8 Ayurvedic Home Remedies Using Fennel
- Pick Powerful Health Benefits at the Pumpkin Patch!
- New Age vs Traditional (Classical) Ayurveda
Ayurveda and Western Psychiatry: Healing the Mind, an Upcoming Documentary
The ancient wisdom of India might hold keys to understand the very real mental issues that are being experienced so widely today: depression, ADD, anxiety, bipolar disorder. The upcoming documentary Healing the Mind will explore the synthesis of Ayurveda and western psychiatry.
With the acceleration in the speed and volume of experience we live on a daily basis we have seen a similar acceleration in the amount of depression, anxiety, ADD and other mood disorders. Many have turned to medication looking for relief. The use of antidepressants alone has increased nearly 400% since 1990.
Is there another way to address this epidemic? A 5,000 year old scientific tradition known as Ayurveda leads us to believe that there is.
Are you compelled to contribute to the production of this film? Become a sponsor!