- Warm Up with Vata-Reducing Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Why Time Flies…and How to Slow It Down
- Five Tips to Detox and Rejuvenate Before, During and After the Holidays
- Cardamom Delight: An Ayurvedic Treat for Healthy Holidays
- Ayurveda Guide to Winter Wellness
- 5 Tips to Stop Cravings
- You Are What You Eat: 3 Ways Food Can Impact Your Mood
- 5 Ayurvedic Tips for Colds and Flu
- 7 Simple Things You Should Know About Ayurveda And Your Health
- Apple Cider with Spices
Ayurveda and Western Psychiatry: Healing the Mind, an Upcoming Documentary
The ancient wisdom of India might hold keys to understand the very real mental issues that are being experienced so widely today: depression, ADD, anxiety, bipolar disorder. The upcoming documentary Healing the Mind will explore the synthesis of Ayurveda and western psychiatry.
With the acceleration in the speed and volume of experience we live on a daily basis we have seen a similar acceleration in the amount of depression, anxiety, ADD and other mood disorders. Many have turned to medication looking for relief. The use of antidepressants alone has increased nearly 400% since 1990.
Is there another way to address this epidemic? A 5,000 year old scientific tradition known as Ayurveda leads us to believe that there is.
Are you compelled to contribute to the production of this film? Become a sponsor!