- Warm Up with Vata-Reducing Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Why Time Flies…and How to Slow It Down
- Five Tips to Detox and Rejuvenate Before, During and After the Holidays
- Cardamom Delight: An Ayurvedic Treat for Healthy Holidays
- Ayurveda Guide to Winter Wellness
- 5 Tips to Stop Cravings
- You Are What You Eat: 3 Ways Food Can Impact Your Mood
- 5 Ayurvedic Tips for Colds and Flu
- 7 Simple Things You Should Know About Ayurveda And Your Health
- Apple Cider with Spices
What is the Quintessential Herb for the Female Reproductive System?
What would you expect of a plant whose name actually means “One with Hundred Husbands”? Whoever named Shatavari had a clear thing on their mind…
And for good reasons! Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) is often considered one of the most powerful rejuvenating herbs in Ayurvedic medicine. It is used for conditions affecting the female reproductive system, including the mood swings and irritation associated with premenstrual syndrome, as well as menopausal hot flashes. Is also is fertility-enhancing herb for both men and women, and is also prescribed to breasfeeding mothers to improve the production of milk.
This relative of the common aspargus has nourishing, soothing, and cooling properties and can help balancing Vata and Pitta. As with all Ayurvedic herbs, it should be used together with a lifestyle plan designed to create harmony in the body and mind.
In this video, Banyan Botanicals‘s co-founder Kevin Casey shows us how Shatavari is grown and used and how it can help rejuvenate the body. He also shows that Shatavari roots can be tasty just like that!
Have you ever used Shatavari? What benefits have you experienced?