- Six Tasting Your Way to Wellness
- What are Doshas, Exactly?
- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Raisins and Chipotle
- A Review of Low Fat Diets
- How Stress is Carried for Generations
- Ayurveda: The Art of Living Wisely
- Ayurvedic Approach to Insomnia
- 8 Ayurvedic Home Remedies Using Fennel
- Pick Powerful Health Benefits at the Pumpkin Patch!
- New Age vs Traditional (Classical) Ayurveda
All posts by Manju Joshi
Chai Tea for Changing Seasons
Chai simply means tea in Hindi. Masala Chai or spiced black tea with milk and sugar is a delicious ritual in almost every Indian household around the globe. Now the masala chai, officially called, ‘Chai tea’ has...
- Posted September 28, 2014
8 Promises and Benefits of Hatha Yoga
Many modern Yoga teachers promote that Yoga reduces weight, makes you happy, healthy, and keeps you in touch with your “inner self.” Well, they are not far away from the truth. The original Sanskrit Hatha Yoga text...
- Posted September 15, 2014
Hrudayam: Ayurveda and Yoga for the Heart
I know it’s not a ‘Heart Health Month’, but really, every month should be a ‘ Heart Month’. Our heart beats every second of every month, doesn’t it? The Sanskrit word for Heart is ‘Hrudayam’ I recently...
- Posted August 24, 2014
Gripe No More with Dill Gripe Water!
Recently, I was complaining about bloating and unease in the intestinal area to my mother. I said that I had been trying different herbs to ease the discomfort, but nothing seemed to be working. “Did you try...
- Posted July 23, 2014
Nourishing Ayurvedic Diet for the ‘Rainy Days of Life’
Whether it was raining outside or the mood is gloomy, my father recommended to eat ‘Mung khichadi’ and drink ‘Golden Milk’. He called them ‘Ayurvedic Comfort food.’ You see, my father was an Ayurvedic physician who was...
- Posted June 22, 2014
Age Of Vata: Hasten Slowly!
A wise Ayurvedic Practitioner came to our Yoga Center to talk on Ayurveda. While enlightening the audience, he casually mentioned, ‘This is an age of aggravated Vata, creating unrest everywhere.” “How true it is!” I thought. Vata...
- Posted June 15, 2014