- Colonics: Yea or Nay?
- Ayurveda Is a Political Practice. Part one: Economic justice
- Cinnamon: Sweet Sensation
- 3 Keys to Getting Unstuck
- Millet: A Forgotten Superfood
- Beauty Secrets for Healthy Skin
- Cardamom: Wake Up Your Taste Buds
- What is the Quintessential Herb for the Female Reproductive System?
- The Unlikely Ally of the Natural Hair Movement
- 3 Reasons Why Raw Vegan Desserts Make you Feel Awful
All posts by Joyful Belly
Asparagus and Mushroom Rice with Black Pepper Recipe
In early spring, your body starts to crave snappy and refreshing textures like fresh asparagus. Asparagus is a strong diuretic to relieve spring water retention. Black pepper clears the respiratory tract of congestion, while asparagus relieves a dry...
- Posted March 19, 2014
Beet Cleanse Soup (Borscht)
LIVER HELPER This colorful fuchsia soup will have you asking, Is this really a wintertime food? Beet soup has brightened the cold days for countless generations in Central Europe eastward while they subsisted on food from wintertime...
- Posted February 16, 2014
Carrot Ginger Soup. YUM!
Classic, simple and delicious carrot ginger soup. My mom used to make it for me when I was a kid, I would choose it any day over pizza or burgers. Still would. Here is a yummy tr...
- Posted January 19, 2014
Roasted Pears & Raisins
A delicious dessert for all doshas. With so few choices to satisfy a Kapha sweet tooth, roasted pears offers a rare reprieve. The spices enhance the sweetness and stimulate a sluggish winter metabolism. Cloves directly stimulate blood...
- Posted January 8, 2014
Gold milk is the fabled “milk and honey,” with spices. It’s tastier, sweeter, and easier to digest than milk. Yogis believe milk is sacred because it is the only food freely given from a mother, with love...
- Posted December 11, 2013